The Marketing Academy has announced that it is to hold its “2017 SHOWCASE LECTURE” on 25th October 2017 in Sydney. This special event will conclude the Marketing Academy’s 2017 Scholarship Programme prior to the graduation of the Academy’s 30 strong cohort and will feature industry leaders including Clemenger BBDO’s CEO Andy Pontin, The Ethics Centre Executive Director, Dr Simon Longstaff AO FCPA FRSN, Pip Arthur, CMO Microsoft Australia and the Marketing Academy Founder & CEO Sherilyn Shackell.
This year’s Scholarship Programme, sponsored by PwC, Microsoft, News Corp, Google and Commonwealth Bank, began in March when the 2017 scholars were announced. Each scholar was selected from across the marketing, media, communications and advertising sectors – representing the best of the best from agency, client-side, corporate, charity, entrepreneurs, media and publishers. The 30 Scholars of this year’s programme have undertaken an intense nine-months of powerful mentoring, coaching and lectures from great CMOs, CEOs and business leaders across Australia and the world.
Sherilyn Shackell, Founder & CEO of The Marketing Academy said “We are thrilled to see our third cohort of scholars present their showcase to the industry. We truly hope that everyone will be inspired by these 30 marketers at what promises to be a great event”.
The Lecture this year will focus on the pillars that underpin the programme:
• Be an extraordinary human
• Be an inspirational leader
• Be an exceptional marketer
• Be a change maker
In what will be an engaging and entertaining showcase the discussions will cover how the industry is creating marketing leaders of tomorrow, and how authentic leadership can improve performance, people engagement and commercial results whilst remaining an overall good human!
Clemenger’s Pontin, who has been involved with The Marketing Academy since its Australian launch in 2015, commented “Everyone in our industry complains about the lack of talent, but few are prepared to do anything about it. Clemenger has been a proud supporter of The Marketing Academy from day one and is committed to helping develop the next generation of industry leaders”.
The Marketing Academy’s Class of 2017 are:
• Amanda Fuller, Managing Partner & APAC Regional Lead, DDB Group
• Andrew Da Silva, Head of The Travel Team, MediaCom
• Brent Whelan, Group Marketing Manager Spreads & Beverages, Fonterra
• Cally Scivetti, Marketing & Strategy Director, Val Morgan
• Chris Gross, Marketing Director, Audible Japan
• Colin Glynn, Head of Insights, Lion Co
• David Griffiths, Managing Director, Iris Worldwide
• Ebonie Newman, Director of Sales APAC, Storyful
• Gary Elphick, Founder & CEO, Disrupt Sports
• Jacquelyn Cowardin, Group Business Director, DWA
• James Stewart, Director Emerging Products, IAG
• Jane King, Senior Marketing Director, APN Outdoor
• Jayne Andrews, Marketing Director, Carnival Australia
• Julia Donnan, Head of Hardware Marketing, Google
• Kara May, Group Director Marketing, Knight Frank
• Kate Gamble, General Manager, Resolution
• Kathy Damatopoulos, Performance Media Manager, Suncorp Group
• Lucie Wolstenholme, Head of Marketing Oceania, Nestle
• Margy Vary, Head of Marketing, The Guardian Australia
• Matt Parkes, Executive Manager Deposits, Transactions, Youth, CBA
• Mimi Flemming , General Manager , Vice Media
• Nathan Wilson, Senior Product Marketing Manager, Microsoft
• Niki Allen, Head of Marketing, BT Investment Management
• Paul Den, Partner, Banter
• Pia Chaudhuri, Creative Director, One Green Bean
• Ruth Taylor, Senior Brand Manager, Yum! Restaurants International
• Sarah Jauncey, Head of Brand Marketing & Communications, Cancer Council NSW
• Sarah Peacock, Marketing Director, True Local
• Simon Davies, Managing Director, Bastion Brands
• Tim Kenward, Group Brand Manager, McDonald’s Australia
The Showcase Lecture, sponsored by Seven West Media, Macquarie University, Clemenger BBDO, Sydney Opera House, B&T and Mediacom, will be hosted by Val Morgan Cinema Group and held at Event Cinema, George Street, Sydney on the 25th October. FREE tickets are available to anyone within the industry, but numbers are limited so book soon!
Nominations for the 2018 Scholarship Programme are also now open. Check out www.themarketingacademy.org.au for more information.