The Marketing Academy UK has revealed the cohort of marketing executives selected for their coveted Scholarship Programme. This is the Academy’s 11th Scholarship in the UK and 19th globally with almost 600 Alumni frequently describing the Scholarship Programme as ‘transformational’ and ‘life changing’.
With a record number of nominations the selection process saw over 700 emerging leaders from client-side brands, media owners and agencies compete for just 30 Scholarship places. Although highly selective, the programme is free to the Scholars and is designed to utilise the collective knowledge of the industry to develop their skills and prepare them for their journey towards senior and board level business leaders. The UK programme is funded by long term partners Facebook, KFC, ITV, Accenture PHD and BT.
The Scholarship includes one-to-one mentoring with an enviable line up of board level executives including; Kathryn Jacob – CEO of Pearl & Dean, Debora Koyama – Global Growth Operation Officer at Unilever, Annette King – CEO of Publicis Groupe UK, Nina Bibby – CMO of Telefonica O2, Martin George – Director of Marketing at John Lewis & Partners and Nick Robinson – CMO & MD Brands at Kerry Group to name just a few.
In addition to the mentoring, Scholars are each assigned an Executive Coach brought together by Wisdom8, attend ‘Boot Camps’ packed with inspirational speakers, masterclasses hosted by renowned subject matter experts and a leadership curriculum designed by The Living Leader.
This year the Scholarship Programme will span 12 months instead of the usual 9 to ensure the curriculum can be delivered in full with a combination of virtual sessions and residential boot camps later in the year.
The Marketing Academy Founder & Global CEO, Sherilyn Shackell, said: ‘This is the first year we can’t greet the new class in person but we’re very much looking forward to getting to know them virtually. I have a suspicion that 2020 will prove to be a defining year for our entire community and I’m thrilled to be welcoming the new Scholars at a time when the need for connectivity, collaboration and inspiring leadership has never been higher’.
Within the past month the Academy has successfully adapted their delivery models across their Scholarship, CMO Fellowship and Alumni programmes to include a full curriculum of world class live content across the UK, USA and Australia via The Marketing Academy Virtual Campus. The Alumni programmes in the UK are sponsored by Facebook, Capita, Google, We are Fearless, Amazon, The Creative Engagement Group and Yext.
Here are the 30 marketers attending the UK 2020 Scholarship;
- Abbey Mills, Client Services Director, Born Social
- Adrienne Gammie, Marketing Director – Johnnie Walker Europe,Diageo
- Alastair Gibbons, Marketing Manager, Kerry Group Plc
- Alicia Jitaru, Innovation & Portfolio Director, Mars
- Archie Campbell, Co Founder, Vidsy
- Ben Saul-Garner, Co Founder, Attachment & Rebel Book Club
- Berit Block, Marketing Program Lead EMEA, Facebook
- Cleo Montague, Marketing Manager, Drama, Soaps & ITV3, ITV
- Emily Outen, Marketing Manager BT Sport, BT
- Frances Tulley, Strategy & Consulting Manager, Accenture
- George Thole, Client Services Director, Ingenuity London
- Georgia Protopapa, Analytics Director, PHD Media
- Grace Kaye, SVP, Brainlabs
- Hannah Bourne, Marketing Director Children’s, Penguin Random House
- Hannah Lury, Head of Communications Strategy, Planning & Media, Three UK
- Jack Hinchliffe, Marketing Director, KFC UK & Ireland
- Jacqui Grimsey-Jones, UK Marketing Director, Clear Score
- James Hay, Managing Director UK & Europe, Barrows Global
- Joe Glover, Founder, The Marketing Meet Up
- Laura McLachlan, Director of Marketing & Fundraising, Worldwide Cancer Research
- Laura Varnam, Head of Partnerships, m/SIX
- Liam Angel, Senior Brand Manager Lucozade Sport, Lucozade Ribena Suntory
- Madelaine Allen, Head of Axiom Europe, The Creative Engagement Group
- Natalie Benoy, Head of UK Devices & Services Partner Marketing, Google
- Olivia Martyn, Brand Marketing Lead, Growth, Founders Factory
- Robert Gill, Head of Group CRM & Loyalty, MoneySuperMarket
- Sam Williams, Strategy Director, AMV BBDO
- Sarah Atkins, Head of Marketing, L’Oréal UK & Ireland
- Sherice Harris, Global Senior Brand Manager, Pentland Brands
- Will Hooker, New Business Director, Havas UK
Full details of the Scholars, Alumni, Mentors, Coaches and Selection Panel can be found at www.themarketingacademy.org/uk