The Marketing Academy, a highly respected non-profit organisation, has announced the line-up of CMOs & Growth Leaders who will undergo the prestigious board level executive development program during 2023. Delivered in partnership with McKinsey & Company and sponsored by The CMO Club, the Fellowship Program is designed to develop the skills & capabilities required to transition to CEO or broader C Suite roles.
Along with McKinsey experts, the Fellowship Program is supported by board level coaching organisation Wisdom8 & marketing leadership expert Thomas Barta. The curriculum consists of three immersive residential events, with masterclasses covering all elements of Board stewardship including strategy, corporate finance, organisational health, leading transformational change, operational effectiveness and stakeholder influence. Fellows also benefit from mentoring, enabling them to spend one-on-one time with seasoned Board members and are assigned an Executive Coach for the duration of the program.
Acceptance on The Marketing Academy programs in the UK, Australia and the USA is merit based and all programs are delivered free of charge to the selected cohorts.
Dieter Kiewell, Senior Partner McKinsey & Company, said “McKinsey & Company is pleased to continue our support for The Marketing Academy Fellowship to help CMOs advance in their careers. We have again a very strong and diverse group of CMOs with the ambition to become bring customer orientation to the top table. Finding innovative growth areas, accelerating digitisation and embedding sustainability are transformational topics in the CEO agenda, even more so after the impact of the pandemic, and marketing professionals are often best placed to tackle these challenges.”
About this year’s cohort, Sherilyn Shackell, Founder and CEO of The Marketing Academy says: “The volume and calibre of applications was particularly high this year and we thank our selection panel for their dedication in selecting the best of the very best. We are particularly thrilled to see, for the first time, two Alumni from our UK Scholarship Program selected to join a Fellowship cohort. This is affirmation that our commitment to developing leadership talent within our industry is having a tangible and long-term impact on the onward careers of our Scholars.”
The list of over 180 Alumni of the program, who frequently describe the program as ‘transformational’, reads like the ‘who’s who’ of marketing leadership and includes; Antreas Athanassopoulos, Deputy CEO, Eurobank Group – April Adams-Redmond, CMO, Pepsi Lipton JV – Carol Chen, Global CMO & SVP Shell Mobility & Chair Shell Brands International, Shell – Cristina Diezhandino, Global CMO, Diageo – Ellie Norman, CCO, Manchester United – Katherine Lamb, Global Head of B2B Marketing Strategy, HSBC – Yilmaz Erceyes, CMO, Premier Foods.
The Marketing Academy EMEA Fellowship Program Class of 2023 are:
- Adrian Lawlor, Group CMO, Kepak Group
- Briony Mathieson, CMO, Olam Food Ingredients (ofi)
- Candina Weston, Acting CMO Asia, Microsoft
- Caroline Hipperson, Managing Director, Funkin Cocktails
- Chris Barron, GM Personal Care UK&I & Vice-President Deodorants Europe, Unilever
- Chris Rodi, European Marketing Director, Mars Petcare
- Claire Pointon, Customer Director, John Lewis
- Claire Sadler, Chief Marketing & Fundraising Officer, British Heart Foundation
- Gemma Cleland, CMO, Convatec
- Henry F. Detering, CMO, Vontobel
- Irina Rodina, Chief Marketing Officer & Commercial Director Northern Europe, Kraft Heinz
- Jane Stiller, CMO, ITV
- Julie Bramham, Global Brand Director, Johnnie Walker, Diageo
- Lisa Delaney, Regional Head of Marketing & Digital Sales Europe, Cathay Pacific Airways
- Lynne Ormrod, CMO, Hotel Chocolat
- Matt Garrood, Marketing & Commercial Director, First Rate Exchange Services
- Matt Kennedy, CCO, giffgaff
- Munnawar Chishty, VP & Global Category Director Beauty, No7 Beauty Company a division of Walgreens Boots
- Ross Farquhar, Marketing Director, Little Moons
- Simon Gatenby, CMO, DAZN Bet
- Suresh Balaji, Global Head of Marketing & Communications, Standard Chartered Consumer Bank
- Thomas Delabriere, GM Plant-Based Food, Nomad Foods
- Vugar Mehdiyev, Snr Dir of Marketing, E-Commerce & Customer Service | Member of Executive Board, Baku Electronics
- Zaid Al Qassab, CMO, Channel 4
Nominations for The Marketing Academy 2023 Scholarship Program for emerging leadership talent in marketing, media and advertising is also open right now at www.themarketingacademy.org