The Marketing Academy has selected the 24 CMOs and marketing leaders who will form the 2021 cohort of their EMEA CMO Fellowship Program. The board level executive development program, designed exclusively for CMOs, develops the skills to help make the transition to a CEO role or similar.
Developed in partnership with McKinsey & Company and sponsored by The CMO Club, the program is run by The Marketing Academy a highly respected non-profit organisation which develops leadership capabilities in talented individuals working in marketing, media, advertising and communications. Acceptance to all Marketing Academy programs in the UK, Australia and the USA is merit based and all programs are free of charge.
The Fellowship Program is also supported by marketing leadership expert Thomas Barta, the board level coaching organisation Wisdom8 and corporate communications experts Freud’s. The curriculum consists of three immersive residential events, with masterclasses covering all elements of Board stewardship including strategy, corporate finance, organisational health, leading transformational change, operational effectiveness and stakeholder influence. Fellows also benefit from mentoring, enabling them to spend one-on-one time with seasoned Board members and each are assigned an Executive Coach for the duration of the program.
Roberto Longo, Partner McKinsey & Company, said: “McKinsey & Company is pleased to continue our support for The Marketing Academy Fellowship to help CMOs advance in their careers. We have again a very strong and diverse group of CMOs with the ambition to become CEOs and bring customer orientation to the top table. Finding innovative growth areas and accelerating digitisation are key transformational CEO agenda topics, even more so after the impact of the pandemic, and marketing professionals are often best placed to tackle these challenges.”
The list of over 140 Global Fellow Alumni of the program reads like the ‘who’s who’ of marketing leadership and includes; Adrian Farina, SVP Head of Marketing, Europe at Visa, Thierry Laugerette, CMO at AkzoNobel, Christian Thrane, MD of Marketing at BT’s Consumer Division, Cristina Diezhandino, Global CMO at Diageo, Debora Koyama, Global Growth Operation Officer at Unilever, Ellie Norman, Director of Marketing & Communications at Formula 1 and Nick Robinson, CEO at Kerry Group Plc.
The 2021 EMEA Fellows are:
- Colin Whaley, Sales and Marketing Director, Center Parcs
- Dawn Spencer, Marketing Director Innovation & Sustainability Director, Kerry Group Plc
- Frans Leenaars, CMO Western Region & Group CX Director, TUI Group
- Gareth Helm, Global CMO, HomeServe
- Gareth Jones, CMO, Farfetch
- Glenn Thomas, Chief Commercial Officer, QMENTA
- Jill Murray, Global CMO, Arcadis
- Joanne Savage, Director Marketing EMEA, Fitbit, Google
- Jon White, CMO, Electrocomponents PLC
- Kate Bird, Executive Director of Consumer Revenue, Conde Nast
- Marisa Kacary, MD; Brand, Marketing & Communications, AMS
- Mark Given, CMO, Sainsbury’s Supermarkets Ltd
- Mark Vile, CMO, Comparethemarket.com
- Nicki Sheard, CMO, BBC studios
- Paula Llewellyn, MD (Direct) & CMO – Legal & General Insurance, Legal & General
- Sabah Naqushbandi, Global Marketing Director – MR PORTER, YOOX Net-A-Porter Group
- Sara Holt, UK Sales and Marketing Director, Merlin Entertainments PLC
- Steve Wilson, Chief Digital Officer, Admiral Group
- Susan O’Brien, VP Global Brand, Just Eat
- Tina Koehler, Director Marketing, Digital & Customer Analytics, Audi UK
- Toby Whitmoyer, Global Marketing & Innovation Officer, Bacardi Ltd
- Tom Wallis, CMO, Gousto
- Vikaas Saxena, Director – Marketing & Digital, Philip Morris International
- Yilmaz Erceyes, CMO , Premier Foods
Application for the United States Fellowship Program are open until 11th August 2021. For more information and to apply click here