MARKETING ACADEMY CALLING ON LEADERS TO NOMINATE TOP TALENT FOR THE 2015 SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMME
Nominations now open for 30 ambitious hopefuls from the world of Marketing, Advertising and Communications to train for accelerated career success
The Marketing Academy, a voluntary non-profit organisation which gives rising stars in marketing the skills to become the industry’s future leaders, is excited to announce that the 2015 nominations for its flagship Scholarship Programme are now open.
Potential Scholars need to be nominated, so business leaders and senior marketers are being asked to identify their brightest talent and nominate them by midnight on 20th February 2015 for a life-changing opportunity.
Now in its sixth year, The Marketing Academy is a powerful, part time, completely free learning & mentoring programme. The Scholarship equips budding stars in marketing with invaluable training and prepares them for fast tracked career success.
Sherilyn Shackell, Founder of The Marketing Academy, said: “I can’t wait to see who makes the cut this year as I’m always impressed by the calibre of nominations. The UK has some tremendous talent and the Scholarship selection process is respected for picking out the crème de la crème. So, this is a call to leaders across every sector in marketing, media and advertising to nominate your rising stars and give them the opportunity of a lifetime. To misquote Tom Peters, ‘good leaders may create followers but a great leader creates more leaders’.”
The Scholars receive one-to one mentoring from some of the UK’s most high profile CEOs, CMOs, marketing experts, agency presidents and entrepreneurs.
Nominees will be judged according to desired criteria – which include a minimum of four years’ work experience in a marketing function or within an agency and a maximum of 12 years total work experience. However, not everyone takes the traditional route to the top, so there are also a few places for those who demonstrate remarkable ‘potential’ as natural marketers or outstanding entrepreneurial skills and ability.
Matt Campbell, Marketing Academy Alumni and Founder and Executive Creative Director at Futureproof says: “There is nothing else quite like the Scholarship: the way it blends structured learning, personal coaching, and intensive mentoring from its finest marketing leaders in the world is truly unique, and incredibly powerful. I am convinced that this will be one of the most important things I ever do in my personal development as a marketer and as a leader.”
Following nomination, individuals are invited to apply for the Scholarship and take part in an intense four stage selection process in order to be offered a place in the 12 month programme.
Current Marketing Academy Scholar Emily Byrne, Marketing Director at L’Oréal says: “The Marketing Academy has inspired me to transform the way I think about the C-suite. It’s gone from a pipedream to an attainable goal!”
You can nominate the best talent you know at www.themarketingacademy.org.uk and clicking on the ‘Nominate Now’ flag at the top of the page.
The 2014 Marketing Academy Scholarship Programme entails:
- Up to 12 one on one mentoring sessions with some of the UK’s most experienced and inspiring leaders from the world of marketing and advertising, including businesses Craig Inglis, Director of Marketing, John Lewis, Sarah Warby, Marketing Director, Sainsburys, Amanda Mackenzie, CMO of Aviva, Russ Lidstone, CEO of Havas Worldwide, Philippa Snare, CMO of Microsoft
- Lunch & Learns with key figures at the top of the UK’s most successful, including Adam Crozier, CEO of ITV, Sir Nigel Bogle, Group Chairman of BBH and Moray MacLennan, Global CEO of M&C Saatchi
- 12 months of one to one Coaching with an executive coach
- Bespoke learning opportunities from some of the UK’s leading marketing focused businesses in areas including: Creative Advertising, Design, Leadership, Market Research and Media
- Three immersive boot camps packed with inspirational speakers, leadership and marketing learning and workshops
- Working with a small charity to pay forward marketing and leadership learnings