The Marketing Academy has selected the 19 CMOs and marketing leaders at the top of their organisations who will form the cohort of their EMEA CMO Fellowship Programme during 2020. The board level programme, designed exclusively for CMOs, teaches the skills to help make the transition to a CEO role or similar.
Developed in partnership with McKinsey & Company and sponsored by
Facebook, the programme is run by
The Marketing Academy a highly respected non-profit organisation which develops leadership capabilities in talented individuals working in marketing, media, advertising and communications. Acceptance on to all Marketing Academy programmes in the UK, Australia and the USA is merit based and all programmes are free of charge.
The Fellowship Programme is also supported by marketing leadership expert Thomas Barta, the board level coaching organisation Wisdom8 and corporate communications experts Freud’s. The curriculum consists of three residential events, the first of which takes place at the McKinsey Alpine University in Kitzbühel Austria, with masterclasses covering all elements of Board stewardship including strategy, corporate finance, organisational health, leading transformational change, operational effectiveness and stakeholder influence. Fellows also benefit from a mentoring scheme, enabling them to spend one-on-one time with seasoned Board members and are assigned an executive coach for the duration of the programme.
Dieter Kiewell, Senior Partner McKinsey & Company, said: “McKinsey & Company is pleased to continue our support for The Marketing Academy Fellowship to help CMOs advance in their careers. We have again a very strong group of CMOs with the ambition to become CEOs and influence business with a customer and consumer mindset. Growth and Digital are key transformational CEO agenda topics and marketing professionals are generally very well placed to manage those issues with strong impact track records.”
The list of over 100 Alumni of the programme reads like the ‘who’s who’ of marketing leadership and includes; Arthur Hoeld Managing Director Europe, adidas; Suzi Watford, Chief Marketing & Membership Officer, The Wall Street Journal; Rahul Welde, Global VP Digital Transformation at Unilever; Debora Koyama, EMEA CMO Mondelez; Claire Cronin, CMO, Virgin Atlantic; Martin George, Customer Director, Waitrose.
The 2020 EMEA Fellows are:
- Adrian Farina, SVP Marketing Europe, Visa International plc
- Alison Orsi, VP & CMO Europe, IBM
- Andrew Geoghegan, Global Consumer Planning Director, Diageo
- Antreas Athanassopoulos, Group CCO & CEO Financial Services, Dixons Carphone
- Becky Brock, Marketing Director, John Lewis Plc
- Cheryl Calverley, CMO, Eve Sleep
- Christian Thrane, CMO & Head of Consumer Division, Telenor
- Ellie Norman, Director of Marketing & Communications, Formula 1
- Gareth Hussey, CMO, Tesco Mobile
- Katie McAlister, CMO, TUI UK & Ireland
- Kerry Chilvers, Group Brands Director, Direct Line Group
- Mark Evers, CCO, Transport for London
- Meghan Farren, CMO, KFC UK & Ireland
- Michael Merz, Managing Director (CSO), DWK Life Sciences Group
- Rachael Powell, CCO, Xero
- Roland Harste, CMO, Swarovski
- Samir Mammadov, CMO, Kapital Bank OJSC
- Steve Challouma, General Manager, UK Birds Eye Ltd
- Virginie de Beco, Head of Global Consumer Marketing, Sennheiser
The Marketing Academy recently launched The Fellowship Programme in the United States. You can view the inaugural class of U.S. Fellows here.