The Marketing Academy Australia has revealed the cohort of marketing executives selected for their coveted Scholarship Programme. Now entering its 6th year in Australia there are over 550 Alumni of their programmes in the UK, USA and Australia who frequently describe the Scholarship Programme as ‘transformational’ and ‘life changing’.
This year the selection process saw over 500 emerging leaders from client-side brands, media owners and agencies compete for just 30 Scholarship places. Although highly selective, the programme is free to the Scholars and is designed to utilise the collective knowledge of the industry to develop their skills and prepare them for their journey towards senior and board level business leaders.
The programme includes one-to-one mentoring with an enviable line up of board level executives including; Jeremy Nicholas, CMO at Telstra, Mark Coad CEO of IPG Mediabrands, Sweta Mehra, CMO at ANZ, Kim Portrate CEO of ThinkTV, Lisa Ronson, CMO at Coles and Michelle Hutton CEO of Edelman to name just a few.
In addition to the mentoring, Scholars are each assigned an Executive Coach, attend 3 residential ‘Boot Camps’ packed with inspirational speakers, and attend lectures hosted by renowned subject matter experts.
The Marketing Academy Founder & Global CEO, Sherilyn Shackell, said: ‘Having just celebrated our 10th Birthday globally and after 5 incredible years in Australia I’m thrilled to be welcoming the 2020 cohort of Scholars. The calibre of the marketing talent in Australia has always been high and this year was no exception. We’re deeply grateful to have the support of so many companies and wonderful individuals who make the Australian Scholarship such a unique and powerful experience’.
The Marketing Academy Australia Scholarship Programme is funded in 2020 by long term partners Google, Commonwealth Bank, Facebook, KFC and IAG.
Here are the 30 marketers attending the Australia Scholarship Class of 2020:
- Ainslee O’Brien, General Manager, Commercial Networks, News Corp Australia
- Anna Bohler, Personalised Marketing Lead, IAG
- Annalise Dry, Campaign Lead, eBay Inc
- Ben Knighton, Head of Group Brand (Acting), NAB
- Catherine Rushton, Head of Strategy, Mindshare
- Chris Whitnall, Manager – Media Strategy & Operations, Australian Broadcasting Commission
- Clare Stewart-Hunter, Head of Client Services, Gemba Group
- Dan Bitti, Senior Marketing Lead Breakfast & Frozen, Kellogg’s
- Dan Monheit, Director of Strategy & Co Founder, Hardhat Digital
- Debbie Leader, Head of Marketing, McGrath Foundation
- Dina Bailey, Agency Partner, Facebook
- Dom Hickey, Head of Planning, DDB Group Australia
- Drew Davis, Portfolio Director Chocolate, Mars Wrigley Confectionery
- Emily Murren, Director of Consumer Marketing, Domain Group
- Jane Sullivan, Managing Director, Brisbane, Wavemaker
- Joel Moran, Head of Marketing – Kayo Sports, Streamotion
- Kathy Schokman, General Manager, Marketing, Sportsbet
- Laura Nice, Managing Director, OMD Australia
- Liam Loan-Lack, General Manager, National Management, UM
- Lisa Vitaris, Chief Marketing Officer, Tyro Payments
- Louise Butler-Green, Executive Manager Marketing, Commonwealth Bank
- Mathieu Bertrand, Co-Founder & COO, Home Care Heroes
- Mark Khademi, Head of Marketing, Amaysim
- Pamela Bishop, General Manager- Merchandise & Marketing, Blooms The Chemist
- Rachael Powell, Head of Consumer & Market Insights, Google
- Rachida Murray, National Head of Performance, Spark Foundry
- Samantha Do, Brand Manager, KFC Yum! Restaurants International
- Tom Richards, General Manager, we are social
- Viv Gibson Thomas, Head of Strategy, The contenders
- Yvette Costi, Global Principal Marketing & Communications, Unispace