During an event hosted by citizenM, Tower of London, The Marketing Academy revealed the cohort of marketing executives selected for the 10th year of their coveted UK Scholarship Programme.
Following a competitive 3 stage selection process The Marketing Academy UK has selected just 30 emerging leaders from client side brands, media owners, agencies and start-ups to attend its 2019 Scholarship Programme.
This free but highly selective leadership programme for the best talent in the industry is designed to utilise the collective knowledge of C Suite executives to develop the Scholars skills and prepare them for their journey towards board level business leaders. Alumni of the programme in the UK, Australia and USA describe the Scholarship as ‘a once in a lifetime opportunity’, ‘transformational’ and ‘life changing’.
The Marketing Academys Founder & CEO Sherilyn Shackell said; “It’s so exciting to be appointing the 10th cohort of the UK Scholarship. The support we’re continually given by our incredible mentors, coaches, partners and speakers is remarkable and demonstrates the desire & need to place talent development at the heart of brands and agency’s. With over 500 Alumni of our programmes around the world we’re witnessing, every day, the phenomenal impact that comes as a result of investing in our talent, impact for them, their employers and industry itself’’.
The prestigious Scholarship Programme, sponsored this year by Facebook, KFC Global, Virgin Atlantic, Accenture, ITV, PHD, and BT includes one-to-one mentoring with an enviable, hand picked, line up of over 50 industry ‘Mentors’ including; Sara Bennison CMO Nationwide, Craig Inglis Customer Director John Lewis, Kathryn Jacob CEO Pearl & Dean, Mark Evans CMO Direct Line, Nina Bibby CMO O2, Magnus Djaba Global President Saatchi & Saatchi, David Wheldon CMO Royal Bank of Scotland and Toby Jenner Global COO Mediacom.
In addition to the mentoring Scholars attend 3 residential ‘Boot Camps’ packed with inspirational speakers, are each assigned an Executive Coach brought together by Wisdom8, and experience Scholarship Lectures hosted by renowned subject matter experts.
The Marketing Academy also run the CMO Fellowship Programme exclusively for brand CMO’s in partnership with McKinsey. During the event last night the Academy announced that the Fellowship Programme, delivered in Europe for the last 6 years, will be launching in the USA later this year following the hugely successful opening of The Marketing Academy US Scholarship.
Here’s the line up of The Marketing Academy UK Scholarship Class of 2019:
- Aditi Arora, Senior Strategy Consultant Co:Lab, C Space
- Alex Ayin, Commercial Director, Social Chain Group
- Asad Dhunna, Founder, The Unmistakables
- Catherine Sin, Senior B2B Marketing Strategy Manager, HSBC
- Claire Rea, Global Marketing Manager, Raisio Group
- Dan Bennett, Consulting Director Behavioural Science Practice, Ogilvy
- Dan Carragher, Associate Creative Director, Bow & Arrow
- Elise Dickinson, Head of Global Brands Innovation Europe, Anheuser-Busch InBev
- Gina Head, European Brand Manager Whiskas, Mars Petcare
- Gina Hood, Senior Account Director, Snap London
- Hai Bei Chen, Head of Brand Campaigns & Reputation, Virgin Holidays
- Helena Jennison, Marketing Director, Movember Foundation
- Hollie McLellan, Client Director, Manifesto Growth Architects
- Isabel Massey, Global Media Director, Diageo
- Kathryn Sharam, Marketing Manager, The Walt Disney Company
- Kitty Poole, Marketing Director, Doddle
- Lauren Crozier, Senior Marketing Manager BT Sport, BT
- Lauren Port, Business Director, PHD
- Marcus Buck, Senior Brand Manager Innovation, KFC UK & Ireland
- Markos Papavlasopoulos, Senior Brand Manager Birds Eye, Nomad Foods Europe
- Michael Campbell, Head of Acquisition Marketing, Guardian News & Media
- Nic Willison, Strategy Director, AMV BBDO
- Rebecca Fairbairn, Marketing Controller, Hain Daniels
- Rebecca Ziantoni, Account Director, McCann
- Riccardo Scotti di Uccio, Business Marketing Lead, Facebook
- Samuel Horner, Senior Brand Manager Häagen-Dazs, General Mills
- Sarah Whiddett, Head of Insight & Customer Experience, Bidfood
- Simon Ricks, Senior Marketing Manager, ITV
- Surabhi Bahl, Senior Consultant Digital Marketing, Accenture
- Tom Hillman, Head of Paid Social, TransferWise