The Marketing Academy has selected the CMOs and marketing leaders at the top of their organizations who will form the first cohort of the U.S. CMO Fellowship Program during 2020. The board level program, which has run for six years in Europe, is designed exclusively for CMOs looking to develop into future CEO or board roles, is delivered in partnership with McKinsey & Company. The program, which is sponsored in the U.S. by Facebook, Salesforce and MullenLowe Group is run by The Marketing Academy a highly respected non-profit organisation which develops leadership capabilities in talented individuals working in marketing, media, advertising and communications. Acceptance onto all Marketing Academy programs in UK, Australia and USA is merit based and free of charge, enabling The Marketing Academy to select only the very best.
The curriculum consists of three residential events, with masterclasses covering all elements of Board stewardship including strategy, corporate finance, organizational health, leading transformational change, operational effectiveness and stakeholder influence. Fellows also benefit from mentoring, enabling them to spend one-on-one time with seasoned Board members and are supported by marketing leadership expert Thomas Barta and coaching organisation Wisdom8.
The Marketing Academy’s Founder Sherilyn Shackell said, “The growing remit of CMOs means they are exceptional candidates to lead businesses and we’ve designed a comprehensive curriculum to provide our Fellows with unprecedented opportunity to bridge the knowledge and skills gap and reach the highest levels of business serving on company boards”.
Brian Gregg, Senior Partner, McKinsey & Company said, “We are very proud to be the knowledge partner and sponsor of The Marketing Academy, which is launching in the U.S. after six tremendously successful years in Europe. The Marketing Academy provides an intimate and tailored program for senior marketing and growth leaders to build new functional and management capabilities that they will need to drive growth in their businesses. These executives will finish the program with a clear vision of the path they want to chart for themselves and their broader organization, as well as a practical foundation of skills needed to deliver against those ambitions.”
The list of over 100 Alumni of the Fellowship program run in EMEA reads like the ‘who’s who’ of marketing leadership and includes; Arthur Hoeld Managing Director Europe, adidas; Tricia Weener Global Marketing Director, HSBC; Suzi Watford, Chief Marketing & Membership Officer, The Wall Street Journal; Rahul Welde, Global VP Digital Transformation at Unilever; Carol Chen, Marketing VP, Shell, and Catherine Tabaka, President & CEO, Healthcare North America of Sodexo.
The inaugural US 2020 Fellows are:
- Adolfo Villagomez, SVP, Online & CMO, The Home Depot
- Amy Dobra CMO, Vanguard Financial Advisor Services, Vanguard
- Angie Klein VP, Consumer Segment Marketing, Verizon
- Anthony Storm, EVP – Marketing Direct & Digital, Liberty Mutual Insurance
- Claudine Cheever, Global GM Amazon Advertising, Amazon
- Clayton Ruebensaal, EVP, Global B2B Marketing, American Express
- Dara Treseder, CMO, Carbon Inc
- David Doctorow, VP, Global Growth, eBay Inc
- Diego Mandelbaum, EVP Marketing, Pacific World Corporation
- Emma Chalwin, SVP, AMER Marketing, Salesforce
- Gaston Sandoval, CMO & VP of Product Management, Panasonic Avionics Corporation
- Jenni Dill, VP & CMO, McDonald’s Australia
- Michael Lacorazza, EVP, Head of Integrated Marketing, Wells Fargo
- Michael Ward, Global Head of Innovation, Diageo
- Naveen Agarwal, CMO, Prudential Financial, Inc.
- Randi Stipes, CMO, Watson Media & Weather, IBM
- Robert Chatwani, CMO, Atlassian
- Robert Hackl, SVP Business Transformation & Analytics, Handset Financing and Insurance, Sprint Corporation
- Whit Alexander, Chief Transformation Officer, Best Buy
The Fellowship commences in January 2020 and runs for 9 months. More information about the Fellowship here.