The Marketing Academy US announces the 30 emerging leaders selected for their 2021 Scholarship Program.
The Marketing Academy US reveals the cohort of marketing executives selected for their coveted Scholarship Program. With a record number of nominations, the selection process saw leaders from client-side, brands, media owners and agencies nominated for just 30 places. Although highly selective, the Program is free and is designed to utilise the collective knowledge of the industry to develop the Scholars’ skills and prepare them for their journey towards senior and board level business leaders.
Sponsored this year by Salesforce, KFC, Accenture Interactive, Mars Wrigley and The Wall Street Journal, this is the Academy’s 3rd Scholarship in the US. The 600 strong global Scholar Alumni frequently describe the Program as ‘transformational’ and ‘life changing’.
The comprehensive curriculum includes one-to-one mentoring with an enviable line up of board level executives including: Beth Ann Kaminkow, Global CEO, VMLYR&R Commerce and CEO NY, VMLY&R – Chris MacDonald, Chairman & CEO, McCann – David Jones, Founder, You & Mr Jones – Iván Markman, Chief Business Officer, Yahoo – Karen Coppola, EVP & CMO, TJX – Frank Nakano, Head of Sports and Entertainment Marketing, JPMorgan Chase – Karna Crawford, Director, US Marketing, Ford Motors – Sharb Farjami, COO NA, Wavemaker.
In addition to the mentoring, Scholars will be given an Executive Coach and attend residential ‘Boot Camps’ packed with inspirational speakers, masterclasses hosted by renowned subject matter experts.
The Marketing Academy Founder & Global CEO, Sherilyn Shackell, said: “We’re so excited about working with this fabulous Scholarship cohort. The calibre of nominations was off the charts for this, our 3rd US intake, and we can’t wait to watch how the class grows and develops together’’
Each Scholar will also be able to enrol in The Marketing Academy Virtual Campus, a powerful development program designed exclusively for the Academy’s community of Alumni, Partners, Mentors, Coaches and their teams. This recently launched program has over 5000 people enrolled around the world.
Here is the US Scholarship Class of 2021:
- Aaron Seabron, VP, US Sports, adidas
- Aela Abalos, Senior Engagement Manager & Global Digital & PR Lead, Dove Haircare
- Alex James, Director, Customer Strategy, Macy’s Inc
- Batool Kazmi, SVP Integrated Strategy, CDM New York
- Becca Krass, Senior Director, Salesforce
- Ben Nilsen, Group Communications Strategy Director, droga5 Part of Accenture Interactive
- Brianna Lowndes, CMO, Whitney Museum of America Art
- Brittany Brown, Director of Innovation-Ideation, Diageo North America
- Brittany King, Director of Project Management, The Sasha Group, a VaynerX Company
- Cameron Milne, Director, Business Development, The & Partnership
- Carlos Portocarrero, Associate Director, Data & Analytics, Crain Communications
- Evan Giordano, VP, Strategy Director, The Martin Agency
- Ipalibo Da-Wariboko, Senior Manager, Brand & Comms Strategy, General Mills
- Jessica Chin, Global Brand Manager, WhatsApp
- Julia Gorbach, Director of Originals, THAT
- Kathryn Ford, Group Director, Integrated Planning & Transformation, Mediacom
- Kevin Tolson, Senior Brand Manager, Vaseline and Suave HBL, Unilever
- Laura Curth Ellis, Brand Manager, Early Innovation & Design, KFC US
- Meagen Johnson, SVP Marketing, Jane.com
- Michael Bortinger, Senior Product Marketing Manager, Impossible Foods
- Mili Laddha, Associate Director, Marketing, Mondelez International
- Nicholas Lembo, Head of Growth – Americas, Wise
- Peter Brown, Head of Digital Content Management, Nestle USA
- Rebecca Chen, Head of Growth, Action Button
- Rosemary Nocito, Senior Brand Manager, SNICKERS, Mars Wrigley
- Shannon O’Brien, Global Chief Innovation Officer, Poolwerx
- Sinan Franklin, Marketing Director, eBay
- Sophie Mann, Director, Global Marketing Strategy, Bumble
- Stephen Nemeth, VP, Group Director, Creative & Brand Strategy, Digitas New York
- Taylor Alston, VP, Social Media & Community Management, JPMorgan Chase & Co
We would like to thank our incredible Mentors, Coaches, Selection Panel and Guest Speakers around the world who donate their time and expertise to the Marketing Academy Programs. You can find further details about them and our Global Partners at https://themarketingacademy.org/us/
Nominations are also now open for our 2022 Program. Find out more and nominate via our website.