Enabling Marketing Leaders of today to become the CEOs of tomorrow
“The Marketing Academy provides the best marketing leadership programs in the world”
– Syl Saller CBE, former Global CMO Diageo
Our Fellowship program is sponsored by:
The Marketing Academy APAC Fellowship
Delivered in partnership with
Now in its 10th year in Europe, 3rd year in the USA, and the inaugural APAC Fellowship program is now open for applications.
APAC Fellowship Program Overview
Fellowships will be awarded to a maximum of 20 CMOs and high achieving marketing leaders who will benefit from:
- Three residential events in Australia & Singapore* with knowledge topics covering the full CEO spectrum including a series of masterclasses covering all elements of board stewardship, designed and delivered by leading experts
- A comprehensive C Suite knowledge curriculum developed and delivered by McKinsey & Company experts during the three Residential events, covering the full CEO, leadership and board stewardship spectrum
- Immersive CMO to CEO leadership journey program developed and led by Global Dean of The Fellowship Program Thomas Barta together with The Marketing Academy and McKinsey experts
- Board-level executive coaching with individual one-to-one sessions from a professional Executive Coach along with peer-to-peer learning and development with an exclusive peer group from global businesses in diverse market sectors
- One-to-one mentoring sessions with seasoned Board Chairs, portfolio Board Directors, CEOs, CFOs, and C Suite advisors
- 12-months access for you and your team to The Marketing Academy Global Virtual Campus Program; a rolling 12-month development syllabus of masterclasses, workshops and lectures aimed at inspiring, developing, and empowering talent in marketing, media & advertising globally delivered via a dedicated online platform. The Virtual Campus is accessible only to The Marketing Academy community of Scholars, Fellows, Alumni, Mentors, Sponsors and their teams.
- Residential 1: Evening of 25th & all day 26th / 27th / 28th July 2023 in Sydney
- Residential 2: Evening of 31st Oct & all day 1st / 2nd / 3rd November 2023 in Sydney (TBC)
- Residential 3: Evening of 5th & all day 6th / 7th / 8th March 2024 in Singapore (TBC)
In line with The Marketing Academy’s core values the Fellowship Program, whilst highly selective, is provided free of charge. Delegates are required to pay expenses, at cost, for accommodation, meals, and a small administration charge. For more information please download the Guide to The Marketing Academy APAC 2023 Fellowship Program here.
Potential delegates are required to submit an application form, full CV, a written endorsement from their CEO (or equivalent) and then take part in a discussion with a member of the selection panel.
For more information about the Program and the Selection Process register your interest HERE so we can send you the full Application Pack.
- A high-calibre peer group; places on this exclusive program cannot be bought. They are awarded following a selection process ensuring the highest calibre, breadth and diversity of candidates.
- An environment to help you build meaningful relationships with your peers—only a maximum of 20 Fellowship places are awarded each year in each region.
- We’ll give you the right tools if your career ambition is to move toward CEO / President / Main Board.
- A springboard for success: post program completion 57% of past participants have moved into CEO / Board roles & 32% have been promoted or moved to bigger CMO roles. Over 200 Fellowship Alumni from top global brands will say the program has been instrumental for their career progression into board roles.
The Marketing Academy EMEA Fellowship has been way more than I expected it to be and one of the best learning experiences of my life
EMEA Fellowship Alumni
Selection Criteria & Process
To be considered for The 2023 Fellowship Program, you will need to:
- Have a clear career ambition to become a CEO or to take a wider main board position.
- Be the most senior marketing leader within a client-side* organization (globally or regionally).
- Have a minimum of 20 years leadership experience within the marketing and commercial functions.
- Have spent at least 5 years in a top marketing, growth or commercial leadership role (CMO, CCO, CGO or equivalent) within leading, marketing-dependent organizations.
- Report directly to the CEO, Regional /Global President (or equivalent) within APAC with no known risk of resignation or termination for the duration of the program.
- Are leading large teams, hold significant budgets, & evidence of revenue or P&L accountability (past or present).
- Ideally have experience working in non-marketing functional roles at some point in past career.
- Be fluent in oral and written English, our main program language.
*Please note: The program is not suited for leaders from media or creative agencies
1st Residential, Australia Evening of 25th & all day 26th, 27th, 28th Jul 2023
2nd Residential, Singapore (TBC) Evening of 31st Oct & all day 1st, 2nd, 3rd Nov 2023
3rd Residential, Singapore (TBC) Evening of 5th & all day 6th, 7th, 8th Mar 2024
What Our Alumni Have To Say About The Program
Elements of the program are being delivered by:
Richard Woods, Group Account Director at Naked Communications
Richard is currently Group Account Director at Naked Communications, Sydney, having been with the agency for 18 months. Currently responsible for the Sydney account management…
Dina Zavrski-Makaric is an executive and leadership coach, and team facilitator. Her extensive global experience makes her ideal to support individuals and teams in managing…
The Scholarship – a 9 month, free, part time program for 30 of the UK’s fastest rising stars in Marketing, Advertising, Media and Communications.
The Fellowship – Equips CMO’s and Marketing Directors with the tools, knowledge and insight to make the move onto Boards and into General Management / MD / CEO roles.
12 month full paid Marketing Apprenticeship for young adults who because of challenging backgrounds, lack qualifications or poor life choices are normally overlooked for this kind of work experience