Enabling Marketing Leaders of today to become the CEOs of tomorrow
“The Marketing Academy provides the best marketing leadership programs in the world”
– Syl Saller CBE, former Global CMO Diageo
Our Fellowship program is sponsored by:
The Marketing Academy APAC Fellowship
Delivered in partnership with
Now in its 11th year in Europe, 4th year in the USA, and the 2nd year in APAC the Fellowship Program is now open for applications.
2024 APAC Fellowship Program Overview
Fellowships will be awarded to a maximum of 20 CMOs and high achieving marketing leaders who will benefit from:
Three residential events in Australia and two other Asia Pacific cities (to be selected from Japan, India or Greater China Region) with knowledge topics covering the full CEO spectrum including a series of masterclasses covering all elements of board stewardship, designed and delivered by leading experts.
A comprehensive C Suite knowledge curriculum developed by McKinsey & Company partners and functional experts, delivered during three residentials covering the full CEO, leadership, and board stewardship spectrum. Knowledge topics included: strategy, corporate finance, M&A, organisational health, transformational change, stakeholder influence, and creating high-performing boards.
An immersive CMO to CEO leadership journey program developed and led by Global Dean of The Fellowship Program Thomas Barta together with The Marketing Academy and McKinsey experts.
Board-level executive coaching with individual one-to-one sessions with an Executive Coach.
One-to-one mentoring sessions with high-profile board chairs, non-executives, CEOs, CFOs, board members & influencers.
Peer learning and development with an exclusive peer group from global business in diverse market sectors.
12-months access for you and your team to The Marketing Academy Global Virtual Campus Program; a development syllabus of masterclasses, workshops & lectures aimed at inspiring, developing, and empowering talent in marketing, media & advertising globally delivered via a dedicated online platform. The Virtual Campus is accessible exclusively to The Marketing Academy’s community of Scholars, fellows, Alumni, Mentors, Coaches, Sponsors and their Teams.
Provisional dates are:
- Residential 1: Evening of 23rd July to 26th July 2024
- Residential 2: Evening of 5th November to 8th November 2024
- Residential 3: Evening of 4th March to 7th March 2025
In line with The Marketing Academy’s core values the Fellowship Program, whilst highly selective, is provided free of charge. Delegates are required to pay expenses, at cost, for accommodation, meals, and a small administration charge. For more information please download The Guide to The Marketing Academy APAC 2024 Fellowship Program here.
Potential delegates are required to submit an application form, full CV, a written endorsement from their CEO (or equivalent) and then take part in a discussion with a member of the selection panel.
Applications for 2024 are now open, click HERE to register for your full Application Pack.
- A high-calibre peer group; places on this exclusive program cannot be bought. They are awarded following a selection process ensuring the highest calibre, breadth and diversity of candidates.
- An environment to help you build meaningful relationships with your peers—only a maximum of 20 Fellowship places are awarded each year in each region.
- We’ll give you the right tools if your career ambition is to move toward CEO / President / Main Board.
- A springboard for success: post program completion 57% of past participants have moved into CEO / Board roles & 32% have been promoted or moved to bigger CMO roles. Over 200 Fellowship Alumni from top global brands will say the program has been instrumental for their career progression into board roles.
The Marketing Academy EMEA Fellowship has been way more than I expected it to be and one of the best learning experiences of my life
EMEA Fellowship Alumni
Selection Criteria & Process
To be considered for The APAC 2024 Fellowship Program, you will need to:
- Have a clear career ambition to become a CEO or to hold a senior board position
- Be the most senior marketing leader in the global or regional organisation (may also apply for a key business unit/brand in the organisation)
- Have 20+ years in the marketing/growth/commercial function with 5+ years in the top role (eg. CMO, CGO, CCO etc) Note: Flexibility on tenure and length in role granted for candidates with exceptionally strong track records over their careers
- Report directly to the CEO, Regional /Global President (or equivalent) within Asia Pacific
- Lead large teams, hold significant budgets, & evidence of revenue or P&L accountability (past or present)
- Ideally have experience working in non-marketing functional roles at some point in past career
- Have no known risk of termination/resignation during the program
Be fluent in oral and written English, our main program language
- Be able to attend all three Residential Sessions in Australia and two other Asia Pacific cities (to be selected from Japan, India or Greater China Region)
*Please note: The Fellowship Program is exclusively for client-side CMOs
1st Residential, Australia, Evening of 23rd July to 26th July 2024
* 2nd Residential, Evening of 5th November to 8th November 2024
* 3rd Residential, Evening of 4th March to 7th March 2025
* Availability to attend the three residential/events is a condition of acceptance onto the program. The locations of the 2nd and 3rd Residential to be selected from Cities in Japan, India or the Greater China Region.
Click here to download a copy of The Marketing Academy APAC 2024 Fellowship Program Guide
Elements of the program are being delivered by:
Ciarán has been working online since getting a job in an internet cafe in Sydney in 1999. He currently leads the team at Facebook focused…