Enabling Marketing Leaders of today to become the CEOs of tomorrow
“The Marketing Academy provides the best marketing leadership programs in the world”
– Syl Saller CBE, former Global CMO Diageo
The EMEA Fellowship is sponsored by
The Marketing Academy EMEA Fellowship
Delivered in partnership with
The Marketing Academy EMEA Fellowship Program, developed in partnership with McKinsey & Company and sponsored by Salesforce is a highly exclusive, free, part-time program giving a select group of exceptional CMOs & marketing leaders a unique board level executive development opportunity.
Great CEOs and board directors need the ability to influence, engage and take risks. They should also have a deep understanding of the commercial drivers of their business, intellectual breadth, a well-honed ability to spot the right opportunities and an unfailing ability to understand what their customers want.
Designed to provide CMOs with access to board-level thinking and development in all elements of Board stewardship, this program ensures that marketing leaders accelerate their knowledge and experience to take on a future CEO or board role.
- Fellowship places cannot be bought and are awarded following a selection process ensuring the highest calibre of delegates and the richest breadth of diversity of backgrounds
- A maximum of 25 Fellowship places are awarded each year – enabling deep and meaningful relationship building with your peers
- If your career ambition is to move toward CEO / President / Main Board the program will give you the tools you need
- A recent survey of our Fellowship Alumni showed that post completion of the program 57% have moved into CEO / Board roles & 32% have been promoted or moved to bigger CMO roles
Established in 2013 in Europe and 2019 in the US and 2023 in APAC, our Alumni have come from top global brands and have said the program has been instrumental for their career progression into board roles. To view our Global Fellowship Alumni click here.
“The Marketing Academy Fellowship Program is a fabulous learning experience: it provides an opportunity to stimulate your mind and reflect on your own career, it provides the context and the insight to consider and define what career path you may want to pursue and equips you with real insights about your own leadership journey that will be invaluable in defining how to reach the goal that you set for yourself” Cristina Diezhandino, Global CMO – Diageo
Fellowships will be awarded to a maximum of 25 client side CMOs and high achieving marketing leaders who will benefit from:
- A comprehensive knowledge curriculum developed and delivered by McKinsey & Company partners and functional experts, delivered during three Residential events with masterclasses covering the full CEO, leadership and board stewardship spectrum
- Three residential events in Europe with knowledge topics covering the full CEO spectrum including a series of masterclasses covering all elements of board stewardship, designed and delivered by leading experts
- Immersive CMO to CEO leadership journey program developed and led by Global CMO Leadership Expert Thomas Barta together with The Marketing Academy and McKinsey experts
- Board-level executive coaching with individual one-to-one sessions from a professional executive coach provided by Wisdom8
- One-to-one mentoring sessions with high profile board chairs, non-executives, CEOs, CFOs, board members and influencers
- Peer-to-peer learning and development with an exclusive peer group from global business in diverse market sectors
- 12-months access for you and your team to The Marketing Academy Global Virtual Campus. The curriculum consists of a minimum of 18 curated live lectures and masterclasses via a dedicated online platform
Acceptance to the program is conditional on availability to attend the three residentials which will take place within Europe:
Four-day Residential Evening of the 29th January – 2nd February 2024
Two-day Residential Wednesday 5th & Thursday 6th June 2024
Three-day Residential Evening of the 10th – 13th September 2024
Meet Our EMEA Fellows
Selection Criteria & Process
The EMEA 2024 Fellowship Program has been designed for time constrained individuals. It is anticipated that the program will take up to 12 days.
To be considered for a place on The EMEA Fellowship Program you:
- Currently hold the top marketing, growth or commercial leadership role (CMO, chief commercial officer, chief growth officer or equivalent) within a leading, marketing-dependent organisation
- Report directly to the regional or global president, CEO or EVP
- Are leading large, complex teams and significant budgets, with P&L accountability
- Have a minimum of 15 years leadership experience with the marketing and commercial function
- Have a clear career ambition to become a CEO or to take a wider main board position
- Have significant non-marketing leadership experience
- Be employed on a permanent basis with no risk of resignation for the duration of the program
- Have a proven reputation in the industry
- Are able to travel to Europe for all in person residential sessions
Please note – The Fellowship Program is exclusively for client-side CMOs
Fellowships are awarded by invitation only. Potential delegates are required to submit a short application form, full CV, a written endorsement from their CEO and then take part in a discussion with a member of the selection panel. The timeline for the application process is:
June 2023 Applications Open
16th October 2023 Applications Close
w/c 6th & 13th November 2023 Selection Panel Meetings
w/c 27th November 2023 Final Decisions for 2024 Cohort
What Our Alumni Have To Say About The Program
Elements of the program are being delivered by:
The Scholarship – a 9 month, free, part time program for 30 of the UK’s fastest rising stars in Marketing, Advertising, Media and Communications.
The Fellowship – Equips CMOs and Marketing Directors with the tools, knowledge and insight to make the move onto Boards and into General Management / MD / CEO roles.
12 month full paid Marketing Apprenticeship for young adults who because of challenging backgrounds, lack qualifications or poor life choices are normally overlooked for this kind of work experience