Enabling Marketing Leaders of today to become the CEOs of tomorrow
“The Marketing Academy provide the best marketing leadership programs in the world”
– Syl Saller Global CMO Diageo
Our EMEA Fellowship Program is sponsored by:
Developed in partnership with
The Marketing Academy Fellowship Program developed in partnership with McKinsey & Company and sponsored by Facebook is a powerful, free, part-time program giving a select group of exceptional CMOs & marketing leaders at the top of the marketing career ladder a unique opportunity to further develop these critical capabilities.
Established in 2013 in Europe and 2019 in the US, our Alumni have come from top global brands and have said the program has been instrumental for their career progression into board roles. To view our EMEA Fellowship Alumni click here.
Great CEOs and board directors need the ability to influence, engage and take risks. They should also have a deep understanding of the commercial drivers of their business, intellectual breadth, a well-honed ability to spot the right opportunities and an unfailing ability to understand what their customers want.
Designed to provide CMOs with access to board-level thinking and development in all elements of Board stewardship, this program ensures that marketing leaders accelerate their knowledge and experience to take on a future CEO or board role.
“The Marketing Academy Fellowship has been way more than I expected it to be and one of the best learning experiences of my life” Fellowship Alumni
Fellowship Program Overview
Fellowships will be awarded to a maximum of 20 CMOs and high achieving marketing leaders who will benefit from:
- A comprehensive knowledge curriculum developed and delivered by McKinsey & Company partners and functional experts, delivered during three Residential events with masterclasses covering the full CEO, leadership and board stewardship spectrum
- Two in person residentials and one virtual with knowledge topics covering the full CEO spectrum including a series of masterclasses covering all elements of board stewardship, designed and delivered by leading experts
- Immersive CMO to CEO leadership journey program developed and led by Global CMO Leadership Expert Thomas Barta together with The Marketing Academy and McKinsey experts
- Board-level executive coaching with individual one-to-one sessions from a professional executive coach provided by Wisdom8
- One-to-one mentoring sessions with high profile board chairs, non-executives, CEOs, CFOs, board members and influencers
- Peer-to-peer learning and development with an exclusive peer group from global business in diverse market sectors
- 12-months access for you and your team to The Marketing Academy Global Virtual Campus. The curriculum consists of a minimum of 18 curated live lectures and masterclasses via a dedicated online platform
Acceptance to the program is conditional on 100% availability to attend all events in full on the following dates:
- *Three day residential from: Evening of Monday 19th April to Thursday 22nd April 2021
- Two day virtual residential: Monday 19th July & Tuesday 20th July 2021
- *Three day residential, Europe: Evening of Tuesday 5th October to Friday 8th October 2021
Please note that the application deadline date is 8th December 2020.
*COVID-19 Update: The safety of Fellows, Speakers and The Marketing Academy Team is of paramount importance. Although the Residential events are mandatory we will need to remain flexible on whether the intended in person Residential events will be able to be completed in person. If deemed not safe to do in person then the events will be virtual.
Applications are now open, please click here to apply
Meet Our EMEA Fellows
Selection Criteria & Process
The EMEA 2021 Fellowship Program has been designed for time constrained individuals. It is anticipated that the program will take up to 12 days during the nine month period.
To be considered for a place on the Fellowship program you:
- Currently hold the top marketing, growth or commercial leadership role (CMO, chief commercial officer, chief growth officer or equivalent) within a leading, marketing-dependent organisation
- Report directly to the regional or global president, CEO or EVP
- Are leading large, complex teams and significant budgets, with P&L accountability
- Have a minimum of 15 years leadership experience with the marketing and commercial function
- Have a clear career ambition to become a CEO or to take a wider main board position
- Have significant non-marketing leadership experience
- Are currently fully employed and under no known risk of notice, redundancy or termination during 2020
- Have a proven reputation in the industry
- Are able to travel to Europe for all in person residential sessions
Fellowships are awarded by invitation only. Potential delegates are required to submit a short application form, full CV, a written endorsement from their CEO and then take part in a discussion with a member of the selection panel.
To download the 2021 Program Guide please click here
If you are interested in The Fellowship Program in the US please follow this link US Fellowship
What Our Alumni Have To Say About The Program
Elements of the program are being delivered by:
Jennie is currently Global Brand Marketing & Product Director at De Beers Jewellers responsible for Brand strategy and marketing development globally. Leading teams across Brand,…
As Category Marketing Director for Gins, Pimm’s & Baileys in the GB market, Adrienne leads brand teams who develop & scale growth drivers for some…
Syl Saller CBE is the Chief Marketing Officer for Diageo and a member of Diageo’s Executive Committee. Diageo is the world’s leading premium drinks business…
The Scholarship – a 9 month, free, part time program for 30 of the UK’s fastest rising stars in Marketing, Advertising, Media and Communications.
The Fellowship – Equips CMO’s and Marketing Directors with the tools, knowledge and insight to make the move onto Boards and into General Management / MD / CEO roles.
12 month full paid Marketing Apprenticeship for young adults who because of challenging backgrounds, lack qualifications or poor life choices are normally overlooked for this kind of work experience