Enabling Marketing Leaders of today to become the CEO’s of tomorrow
“The Marketing Academy provide the best marketing leadership programmes in the world”
– Syl Saller Global CMO Diageo
Our Fellowship programme is sponsored by:
Great CEOs and board directors need the ability to influence, engage and take risks. They should also have a deep understanding of the commercial drivers of their business, intellectual breadth, a well-honed ability to spot the right opportunities and an unfailing ability to understand what their customers want.
The Marketing Academy Fellowship Programme developed in partnership with McKinsey & Company and sponsored by Facebook is a powerful, free, part-time programme giving a select group of exceptional CMOs & marketing leaders at the top of the marketing career ladder a unique opportunity to further develop these critical capabilities.
Designed to provide CMOs with access to board-level thinking and development in all elements of Board stewardship, this programme ensures that marketing leaders accelerate their knowledge and experience to take on a future CEO or board role.
Fellowship Programme Overview
Developed in partnership with
- Fellowships will be awarded to a maximum of 20 CMO’s and high achieving marketing leaders who will benefit from:
- A comprehensive knowledge curriculum developed and delivered by McKinsey & Company partners and functional experts,delivered during three Residential events with masterclasses covering the full CEO, leadership and board stewardship spectrum
- A 4 Day Residential with masterclasses including business law and media training
- Two x 3 Day Residentials with knowledge topics covering the full CEO spectrum including a series of masterclasses covering all elements of board stewardship, designed and delivered by leading experts
- Immersive CMO to CEO leadership journey programme developed and led by global CMO leadership expert Thomas Barta together with The Marketing Academy and McKinsey experts
- Board-level executive coaching with individual one-to-one sessions from a professional executive coach provided by Wisdom 8
- One-to-one mentoring sessions with high profile board chairs, non-executives, CEO’s, CFO’s, board members and influencers
- Peer-to-peer learning and development with an exclusive peer group
Acceptance to the programme is conditional on 100% availability to attend all residential events in full.
Meet Our Fellows
What Our Alumni Have To Say About The Programme
Elements of the programme are being delivered by:
Selection Criteria & Process
The Fellowship Programme has been designed for time constrained individuals. It is anticipated that the programme will take up to 12 days during the 9 month period.
To be considered for a place on the Fellowship programme you will:
- Currently hold the number 1 marketing leadership role CMO or equivalent within a leading marketing driven global organisation at a European or global level
- Report directly to the Global President, CEO or EVP
- Have a minimum of 15 years marketing leadership experience
- Have a clear career ambition to become a CEO or to take a wider main board position
- Have significant international and non-marketing leadership experience
- Have proven reputation in the industry and the marketing community e.g. Awards, authorships, keynote speeches, association memberships
- Have extensive experience of leading large, complex teams and significant budgets, ideally with full P&L accountability
- Be currently fully employed and under no known risk of notice, redundancy or termination during 2018
- Be able to travel to Austria and the UK for Residential sessions
- Provide a written endorsement from the CEO of your current organisation testifying their belief in your future career potential and their support of the time commitment required to attend the programme
Fellowships are awarded by invitation only. Potential delegates are required to submit and short application form, full CV, a written endorsement from their CEO and then take part in a discussion with a member of the selection panel.
Applications for the UK 2020 Fellowship Programme will open late Spring 2019, with the programme beginning in January 2020.
Simon is currently Chief Commercial Officer at UKTV, the UK’s leading non-public service television broadcaster, having joined UKTV’s Executive Board as Marketing Director in Jan…
The Scholarship – a 9 month, free, part time programme for 30 of the UK’s fastest rising stars in Marketing, Advertising, Media and Communications.
The Fellowship – Equips CMO’s and Marketing Directors with the tools, knowledge and insight to make the move onto Boards and into General Management / MD / CEO roles.
12 month full paid Marketing Apprenticeship for young adults who because of challenging backgrounds, lack qualifications or poor life choices are normally overlooked for this kind of work experience