Enabling Marketing Leaders of today to become the CEOs of tomorrow
“The Marketing Academy provide the best marketing leadership programmes in the world”
– Syl Saller Global CMO Diageo
Our EMEA 2019 Fellowship Programme is sponsored by:
Developed in partnership with
The Marketing Academy Fellowship Programme developed in partnership with McKinsey & Company and sponsored by Facebook is a powerful, free, part-time programme giving a select group of exceptional CMOs & marketing leaders at the top of the marketing career ladder a unique opportunity to further develop these critical capabilities.
Great CEOs and board directors need the ability to influence, engage and take risks. They should also have a deep understanding of the commercial drivers of their business, intellectual breadth, a well-honed ability to spot the right opportunities and an unfailing ability to understand what their customers want.
Designed to provide CMOs with access to board-level thinking and development in all elements of Board stewardship, this programme ensures that marketing leaders accelerate their knowledge and experience to take on a future CEO or board role.
Fellowship Programme Overview
- Fellowships will be awarded to a maximum of 20 CMOs and high achieving marketing leaders who will benefit from:
- A comprehensive knowledge curriculum developed and delivered by McKinsey & Company partners and functional experts,delivered during three Residential events with masterclasses covering the full CEO, leadership and board stewardship spectrum
- One four day residential and two three day residentials with knowledge topics covering the full CEO spectrum including a series of masterclasses covering all elements of board stewardship, designed and delivered by leading experts
- Immersive CMO to CEO leadership journey programme developed and led by global CMO leadership expert Thomas Barta together with The Marketing Academy and McKinsey experts
- Board-level executive coaching with individual one-to-one sessions from a professional executive coach provided by Wisdom 8
- One-to-one mentoring sessions with high profile board chairs, non-executives, CEOs, CFOs, board members and influencers
- Peer-to-peer learning and development with an exclusive peer group
Acceptance to the programme is conditional on 100% availability to attend all residential events in full.
- Four day residential in Kitzbuhel, Austria, evening of Sunday 2nd February to Thursday 6th February 2020
- Three day residential in Hertfordshire, UK, evening of Monday 1st June to Thursday 4th June 2020
- Three day residential in London, UK, Wednesday 9th September to Friday 11th September 2020
Applications must be completed and returned by 20th October 2019.
Meet Our EMEA Fellows
What Our Alumni Have To Say About The Programme
Elements of the programme are being delivered by:
Selection Criteria & Process
The EMEA 2020 Fellowship Programme has been designed for time constrained individuals. It is anticipated that the programme will take up to 12 days during the nine month period.
To be considered for a place on the Fellowship programme you will:
- Currently hold the top marketing, growth or commercial leadership role (CMO, chief commercial officer, chief growth officer or equivalent) within a leading, marketing-dependent organisation
- Report directly to the regional or global president, CEO or EVP
- Are leading large, complex teams and significant budgets, with P&L accountability
- Have a minimum of 15 years leadership experience with the marketing and commercial function
- Have a clear career ambition to become a CEO or to take a wider main board position
- Have significant non-marketing leadership experience
- Are currently fully employed and under no known risk of notice, redundancy or termination during 2020
- Have proven reputation in the industry
- Are able to travel to Austria and the UK for all residential sessions
Fellowships are awarded by invitation only. Potential delegates are required to submit a short application form, full CV, a written endorsement from their CEO and then take part in a discussion with a member of the selection panel.
Applications for The EMEA 2020 Fellowship Programme are open, with the programme beginning in February 2020. Click here to download our full Programme Guide
Applications for The EMEA 2020 Fellowship Programme are open
Transport for London (TfL) is the integrated transport provider for London. With annual revenue of c£5bn and capital expenditure of c£3.5bn it would rank high…
Charlotte is currently at TUI UK & Ireland as Senior Marketing Manager for National Campaigns. She has complete accountability for the national advertising strategy for…
The Scholarship – a 9 month, free, part time programme for 30 of the UK’s fastest rising stars in Marketing, Advertising, Media and Communications.
The Fellowship – Equips CMO’s and Marketing Directors with the tools, knowledge and insight to make the move onto Boards and into General Management / MD / CEO roles.
12 month full paid Marketing Apprenticeship for young adults who because of challenging backgrounds, lack qualifications or poor life choices are normally overlooked for this kind of work experience