Enabling Marketing Leaders of today to become the CEOs of tomorrow
“The Marketing Academy provide the best marketing leadership programs in the world”
– Syl Saller Global CMO Diageo
Our US Fellowship Program is sponsored by:
The US Fellowship
Delivered in partnership with
The Marketing Academy US Fellowship Program developed in partnership with McKinsey & Company and sponsored by The CMO Club is a powerful, free, part-time program giving a select group of exceptional CMOs & marketing leaders at the top of the marketing career ladder a unique opportunity to further develop these critical capabilities.
Established in 2013 in Europe and 2019 in the US, our Alumni have come from top global brands and have said the program has been instrumental for their career progression into board roles. To view our Global Fellowship Alumni click here.
Great CEOs and board directors need the ability to influence, engage and take risks. They should also have a deep understanding of the commercial drivers of their business, intellectual breadth, a well-honed ability to spot the right opportunities and an unfailing ability to understand what their customers want.
Designed to provide CMOs with access to board-level thinking and development in all elements of Board stewardship, this program ensures that marketing leaders accelerate their knowledge and experience to take on a future CEO or board role.
“The Marketing Academy Fellowship has been way more than I expected it to be and one of the best learning experiences of my life” Fellowship Alumni
US Fellowship Program Overview
Fellowships will be awarded to a maximum of 25 CMOs and high achieving marketing leaders who will benefit from:
- A comprehensive knowledge curriculum developed and delivered by McKinsey & Company partners and functional experts, delivered during three Residential events with masterclasses covering the full CEO, leadership and board stewardship spectrum
- Two in person residentials and one virtual with knowledge topics covering the full CEO spectrum including a series of masterclasses covering all elements of board stewardship, designed and delivered by leading experts
- Immersive CMO to CEO leadership journey program developed and led by Global CMO Leadership Expert Thomas Barta together with The Marketing Academy and McKinsey experts
- Board-level executive coaching with individual one-to-one sessions from a professional executive coach provided by Wisdom8
- One-to-one mentoring sessions with high profile board chairs, non-executives, CEOs, CFOs, board members and influencers
- Peer-to-peer learning and development with an exclusive peer group from global business in diverse market sectors
- 12-months access for you and your team to The Marketing Academy Global Virtual Campus. The curriculum consists of a minimum of 18 curated live lectures and masterclasses via a dedicated online platform
Acceptance to the program is conditional on 100% availability to attend all residential events in full: *
Residential 1 – Evening of Tuesday October 11th – Friday October 14th (3 day in-person New York)
Residential 2 – Monday January 23rd – Tuesday January 24th (2 day virtual)
Residential 3 – Evening of Tuesday March 28th – Friday March 31st (3 day in-person San Francisco)
*COVID-19 Update: The safety of Fellows, Speakers and The Marketing Academy Team is of paramount importance. All attendees at the Residential events must be fully vaccinated. Although the Residential events are mandatory we will need to remain flexible on whether the intended in person Residential events will be able to be completed in person. If deemed not safe to do in person then the events will be virtual.
Selection Criteria & Process
The US Fellowship Program has been designed for time constrained individuals. It is anticipated that the programme will take up to 10 days during the six month period.
To be considered for a place on the US Fellowship program you:
- Currently hold the top marketing, growth, or commercial leadership role (CMO, Chief Commercial Officer, Chief Growth Officer, or equivalent) within a leading marketing-dependent organization
- Report directly to the regional or global President, CEO or EVP
- Be leading large, complex teams and significant budgets, with P&L accountability
- Have a minimum of 15 years leadership experience with the marketing & commercial function
- Have a clear career ambition to become a CEO or to take a wider main board position
- Have significant non-marketing leadership experience
- Be employed on a permanent basis in The U.S. with no risk of resignation for the duration of the program
- Have proven reputation in the industry
Fellowships are awarded by invitation only. Potential delegates are required to submit a short application form, full CV, a written endorsement from their CEO and then take part in a discussion with a member of the selection panel.
What Our Alumni Have To Say About The Program
Elements of the program are being delivered by: