Enabling Marketing Leaders of today to become the CEOs of tomorrow
“The Marketing Academy provide the best marketing leadership programs in the world”
– Syl Saller Global CMO Diageo
Our US 2020 Fellowship Program is sponsored by:
The Marketing Academy Fellowship Program is designed exclusively for CMOs and Marketing leaders. Now in our 6th year in Europe and available in the US for the first time our Alumni have come from top global brands and have said the program has been instrumental for their career progression into board roles. To view our EMEA Fellowship Alumni click here.
Great CEOs and board directors need the ability to influence, engage and take risks. They should also have a deep understanding of the commercial drivers of their business, intellectual breadth, a well-honed ability to spot the right opportunities and an unfailing ability to understand what their customers want.
The Marketing Academy Fellowship Program developed in partnership with McKinsey & Company and sponsored by Facebook and Salesforce is a powerful, free, part-time program giving a select group of exceptional CMOs & marketing leaders at the top of the marketing career ladder a unique opportunity to further develop these critical capabilities.
Designed to provide CMOs with access to board-level thinking and development in all elements of Board stewardship, this program ensures that marketing leaders accelerate their knowledge and experience to take on a future CEO or board role.
“The Marketing Academy Fellowship has been way more than I expected it to be and one of the best learning experiences of my life” Fellowship Alumni
Fellowship Program Overview
Developed in partnership with
Fellowships will be awarded to a maximum of 20 CMOs and high achieving marketing leaders who will benefit from:
- A comprehensive knowledge curriculum developed and delivered by McKinsey & Company partners and functional experts, delivered during three Residential events with masterclasses covering the full CEO, leadership and board stewardship spectrum
- One four day residential and two three day residentials with knowledge topics covering the full CEO spectrum including a series of masterclasses covering all elements of board stewardship, designed and delivered by leading experts
- Immersive CMO to CEO leadership journey program developed and led by Global CMO Leadership Expert Thomas Barta together with The Marketing Academy and McKinsey experts
- Board-level executive coaching with individual one-to-one sessions from a professional executive coach
- One-to-one mentoring sessions with high profile board chairs, non-executives, CEOs, CFOs, board members and influencers
- Peer-to-peer learning and development with an exclusive peer group
Acceptance to the program is conditional on 100% availability to attend all residential events in full.
What Our Alumni Have To Say About The Program
Elements of the program are being delivered by:
Selection Criteria & Process
The Fellowship Program has been designed for time constrained individuals. It is anticipated that the programme will take up to 12 days during the eight month period.
To be considered for a place on the Fellowship program you will:
- Currently hold the top marketing, growth, or commercial leadership role (CMO, Chief Commercial Officer, Chief Growth Officer, or equivalent) within a leading marketing-dependent organization
- Report directly to the regional or global President, CEO or EVP
- Be leading large, complex teams and significant budgets, with P&L accountability
- Have a minimum of 15 years leadership experience with the marketing & commercial function
- Have a clear career ambition to become a CEO or to take a wider main board position
- Have significant non-marketing leadership experience
- Be currently full employed and under no known risk of notice, redundancy or termination during 2020
- Have proven reputation in the industry
Fellowships are awarded by invitation only. Potential delegates are required to submit and short application form, full CV, a written endorsement from their CEO and then take part in a discussion with a member of the selection panel.
To download our full Program Guide please click here