During an exclusive event hosted in Manhattan by Initiative, Global Media Agency, The Marketing Academy U.S revealed the cohort of marketing executives selected for the second year of their coveted Scholarship Program.
Following a three-stage selection process that included over 400 nominations, The Marketing Academy selected just 30 emerging leaders from client-side brands, media owners, agencies and start-ups selected to join its U.S. 2020 Scholarship Program.
This free program, which also operates in the UK and Australia, is a highly selective development program designed to utilize the collective knowledge of the industry to prepare the ‘scholars’ for their journey into the board rooms of the future. In addition to the Scholarship, The Marketing Academy also delivers a board level program, exclusively for CMOs, known as The Fellowship.
Sherilyn Shackell, Founder & Global CEO of The Marketing Academy, said: “The development of our talent has never been more crucial so I’m delighted that yet again the industry has displayed both the quality of its talent and its commitment to developing the emerging generation of leaders who will shape our future. Our Scholars are making an impact the world over due to the incredible companies and people who share their knowledge and experience throughout the program’’.
The prestigious and coveted Scholarship Program, sponsored in the U.S. by Salesforce, Facebook, The Wall Street Journal, Accenture, KFC Global and Mars Wrigley Confectionery, includes one-to-one mentoring with an enviable line up of over 60 industry executives including; Karen Coppola – EVP & CMO of The TJX Companies, Inc., Iván Markman – Chief Business Officer of Verizon Media, Marcel Marcondes – US CMO of Anheuser-Busch, Sarah Thompson – Global CEO Droga5 and Tim Wragg – CEO North America of Kantar to name just a few.
In addition to mentoring, during a 9 month period, the Scholars also attend 3 residential ‘Boot Camps’ packed with inspirational speakers & masterclasses, work with an Executive Coach and attend a series of Lectures hosted by subject matter experts.
Alumni of last year’s U.S. Scholarship Program described the experience as ‘life changing’, ‘genuinely transformational’ and ‘a one-of-a-kind leadership development experience every marketer wish they had’.
Here’s the line up of The Marketing Academy U.S. Scholarship Class of 2020:
• Ali Turner-Ghosh, Brand Manager,KFC
• Anna Bergstrom, Management Consulting Manager, Accenture
• Anne Powell, Engagement Director, The Wall Street Journal
• Bonnie Herche, Senior Director, Consumer Marketing, Cengage Learning
• Brandon Guishard, Mobile Growth Strategist, Facebook
• Carey Baldwin-Hennigar, Global Vice President, Storyful
• Carter Thorson, VP Client Leadership, Inspira Marketing
• Elizabeth Bamonte, Global Performance Leader, IBM
• Ghada Soufan, Account Supervisor, Wieden+Kennedy
• Gina Henderson, Vice President, Qualitative, Insights Division, Kantar
• Greg Mondshein, Managing Partner, SourceCode Communications
• Jasveer Sidhu, Vice President, Manifesto Growth Architects
• Jay Needham, Marketing Director Angel’s Envy, Bacardi Limited
• Kate Barton, Executive Director of Marketing, Estee Lauder (Aveda Brand)
• Kelly Millett, VP, Director of Insights & Data Strategy, Havas Media
• Lizzie Breyer, MD, National Mkting & Marketing Capabilities, American Public Media
• Magnolia Salas, Public Information Officer, Richland County Government
• Martin Terwilliger, Senior Brand Manager, Mars Wrigley Confectionery
• Mat Cunnell, SVP – Group Account Director, McCann NY
• Matt Decker, Brand & Strategy Manager Ice Cream, Unilever
• Nate O’Neal, Lead – Demand Generation, Workday
• Priyanka Ramdas, Global Product Lead, YouTube & Video, Google
• Ruth Ingram, SVP Research & Strategy, Insight Strategy Group
• Sally Barton, Senior Brand Manager Equity, Mondelez
• Santiago Gomez, Senior Brand Manager, Danone
• Simge Weinling-Dogrular, Senior Brand Manger, Pladis
• Sujata Dantiki, Director, Retail & Consumer Goods, SSA & Company
• Tiffany Tooley, Senior Director, Product Marketing, Salesforce
• Yan Wang, Group Communications Strategy Director, Droga 5
• Yin Chung, EVP, Group Planning Director, BBDO, New York