- The Inspire Conference “The Art of Curiosity: Why Marketing and Marketers Matter” is held on 19th May 2014 and is The Marketing Academy’s first conference
- All proceeds will be donated to support The Marketing Academy’s Merlin’s Apprentice £1million fund – a life-changing initiative which gives young disadvantaged people in the UK experience, training and qualifications in Marketing
The Inspire Conference is an action-focused full day of learning event for curious and ambitious UK marketers. The day will inspire attendees by demonstrating how their role in marketing directly shapes the future of business and how their personal career journeys can have a positive impact on others.
They will have the opportunity from Andy Duncan, Managing Director of Camelot and President of the Advertising Association, about how Marketing helped him reach the top, join a lively panel to debate on the importance of marketing at board level, get tips on becoming a future leader, and pick up advice on building their networks and career.
Senior business leaders and marketers from some of the UK’s most successful organisations will be talking about the importance of marketing and giving practical advice and real-world perspectives on how marketers can effectively drive their careers forward. Tickets for the event can be purchased from https://marketingacademyinspire.eventbrite.co.uk
Confirmed speakers at ‘The Art of Curiosity: Why Marketing and Marketers Matter’ include:
- Andy Duncan (MD of Camelot, President of the Advertising Association)
- Rory Sutherland (Executive Creative Director OgilvyOne, Vice-Chairman Ogilvy & Mather)
- Katie Vanneck-Smith (CMO of News UK)
- Mike Hughes (Director General of ISBA)
- Sarah Speake (Director of Commercial Marketing & Research of ITV)
Future speakers will be announced in the coming weeks.
The Inspire event is raising money for The Marketing Academy’s Merlin’s Apprentice £1million fund which gives disadvantaged young adults the skills and experience to successfully enter a career in marketing. 80% of the proceeds from every ticket sold is donated to the fund and additionally The Roof Gardens have donated their venue and Eventbrite have waived their fee.
Sherilyn Shackell, Founder of The Marketing Academy and Merlin’s Apprentice says “Marketing is a dynamic and competitive function and it is becoming increasingly difficult for young people to get a foot in the door. I’m thrilled that the industry is supporting this initiative which helps ensure a pipeline of talent diversity in Marketing for years to come and give disadvantaged young adults the skills and experience they need to build a career.”
For more information about the inaugural Inspire event ‘The Art of Curiosity: Why Marketing and Marketers Matter’ and to book tickets please visit https://marketingacademyinspire.eventbrite.co.uk