Steven Overman, CMO of Kodak and mentor for The Marketing Academy has written a brilliant new book focusing on why ‘doing good’ matters as much as ‘doing well’. The Conscience Economy: How a Mass Movement for Good is Great for Business is a 5 star Amazon book and Steven has been kind enough to give us copies of 2 books to give away to The Marketing Academy Community.
The Conscience Economy is the must-read guide to this unprecedented shift in human motivation and behaviour. Steven Overman provides context, inspiration and some basic tools to help readers reframe how they evolve and grow whatever it is they lead—whether it’s a community, a business, a product, or a marketing campaign. The implications of the Conscience Economy are not “soft.” Ignore it, and your consumer or voter base will rebel, using a host of free tools and cheap connectivity to spread their rejection to peers around the world in real time. Leverage it, and Conscience Culture is a wellspring of financial upside. You can read more about the book and its reviews here.
To be in with a chance to win the prize please visit The Marketing Academy LinkedIn Community Group here to find the competition discussion in Managers Choices and simply post your answer to the question below as a comment on the discussion.
“Why does marketing matter?“
The winning answers will be judged on originality, creativity and ideas which have the most inspiring spirit. There is no word limit, we just want to know why you think marketing is important.
Steven Overman will choose his favourite answer and we will contact the winner via LinkedIn. The closing date for the competition is Friday 17th April 2015 and a winner will be decided week commencing 20th April and the winners informed by the end of this week.
For a sneak peak at The Conscience Economy by Steven Overman you can download the chapter The Death of Marketing by registering at http://bibliomotion.com/?p=5788 and using the access code: DoWellDoingGood
Terms and Conditions
- The competition opens on Monday 30th March 2015 and closes on Friday 17th April 2015.
- Two people will win a copy of Steven Overman’s book “The Conscience Economy: How a Mass Movement for Good Is Great for Business”.
- All winners will be contacted by LinkedIn within 2 weeks of the competition ending.
- We will announce the winners names on The Marketing Academy Community LinkedIn Group.
- Steven Oveman will choose the best answer to the question. His decision is final.
- The competition is held by The Marketing Academy, 4a Bridge Street, Newbury, Berkshire, RG14 5EX.